Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 207


Terrible picture, I know, but it was as good as I could get!  The youth from 12 stakes (about 3,000) in the inland empire put on a huge dance festival this weekend:  California Dreamin'.  Ask any of the adults and they would have a few choice words about the event.  It was beyond an effort to put on such a production, but those kids, when all was said and done, looked like they were having a blast!  It was very entertaining, and took me back to my own dance festival days back in 1985 at the Rose Bowl..I had just turned 12!  Ouch!  I'm old!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Your picture turned out a lot better than mine. I'll just wait for the professional DVD to come out. It was an amazing experience for the youth!

Theresa said...

A sea of pastel... interesting. I'm waiting for the DVD, but I hear it was amazing. The girls all had a ton of fun, but are really glad it's over.