Friday, April 2, 2010

ninety-two:365

Day 6
A day just for the 2 of us!
We woke up to a beautiful morning..already in the 70's! We took a stroll through central park and it was absolutely gorgeous..just like in ENCHANTED!

Flowers everywhere! I can only imagine how beautiful it will be in a couple weeks, once it hits it's peak flowering season and all the trees have their leaves!
With it only being the 2 of us, it was time to take out the X-SHOT! I bought a mini one for the occasion.
The American Museum of Natural History, just like Night at the Museum 1. However, they must have used a lot of "sets" because it really didn't look the same inside! But we did find this guy!
"dumb dumb, give me gum gum"! Ryder's favorite part of the movie!
After the museum, we took the subway to the beginning of the Brooklyn Bridge then we walked across it to the best pizza I've ever eaten! I had gone here with Jim a few years ago and couldn't wait to go back!!
We had to wait in a 1 hr. 15 minute line outside to partake of this goodness, but it was worth it! I don't know what they do to make such great pizza, but it just tastes like nothing else I've ever had! Grimaldi's Coal Brick-Oven Pizzeria..it's right under the Brooklyn Bridge. When we finished, we topped it off with a cone from Brooklyn Homemade Ice Cream Factory..
(seen in What Happens in Vegas)
Our last trip to Time Square for some souvenir shopping for the boys!
On our way back to our hotel, we ran into the MOMA. Skyler was very patient with me..to a point. I'm sure he's done with museums for awhile!
*This is a photo of performance art. The lady in the red coat sits in this chair for 8 straight hours a day (for 3 months). People line up to have starring contests with her or to just be part of the display/act. Sometimes I just don't get art.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

The park looks beautiful! Looks like you had a great time in NYC... I hope Sky appreciated it.