Thursday, July 29, 2010

two hundred ten:365 (happy birthday to me!}

Wowzers!! What a day! I can now add climbing to the top of Half Dome on my list of accomplishments and boy was it an accomplishment! With about 3 hours of sleep, we hiked 18 miles roundtrip, uphills both ways..or at least it felt that way! My body was aching and tired, but I did it! In fact, every one of the young women on the trip summited!! It was an amazing view from on top. Once we got to the top, I had to wrap my brain around the idea that we had to get back down!! It was HARD but it wouldn't feel nearly as great if it were easy!

**as you can see from the middle picture, to get to the top, you had to climb, with the aid of cables, the last 400 feet. We looked like ants climbing a hill. {click on the picture to enlarge}

No comments: