Saturday, July 2, 2011

183: off on another adventure..this time with kids!

Our trip to visit G'ma & G'pa Watkins began at a ridiculously early hour..we were up at 3:30 a.m. We had to get to the airport in San Diego, long term park our car, and check in before our flight left at 6:00 a.m. We were all a little cranky! I sure could have used my right arm, instead, it was in a sling and useless to me. I made do. The boys were extra helpful..maybe I should pull out the sling more often!
 The best part of the plane ride was the fact that Ryder fell asleep through most of it! It was a nice and quiet ride..however, he was so sound asleep he peed his pants. Wonderful!{picture taken and edited on ipad}
Downtown Kansas City
 Immediately after stepping off the airplane in St. Louis, we got our rental car and drove another 3 1/2 hours to Kansas City by way of Independence, Missouri. We were able to go through the church's visitor center there. Across the street was the temple of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints (RLDS)..it was pretty funky looking. Kinda looked like an upside down metal funnel. We had just missed visiting hours..I thought it would have been interesting to walk through it. Afterwards, we went to check into our hotel but they were completely full with a Muslim convention and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They told me they would not only refund my $$, but they would put us up in the Westin down the street at their expense. So we stayed for free! I love free!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

How do you get these deals! Unbelieveable. And yes - you should wear the sling more often. Milk it for all you can!