Friday, March 8, 2013

67: happy 14th birthday skyler!

 It all started with a beautiful, full rainbow over the church as I left seminary this morning!  Skyler's 14th birthday....

As I was driving home this morning in the pouring rain, I noticed the hills where they were bulldozing were saturated and completely muddy! So I suggested to Sky that he and his friends go mud sliding tonight. Who doesn't love ripe, muddy hills? A boys paradise, right? Skyler loved the idea..{I just loved that he finally loved something I suggested!} So once it got dark, the boys got in their dingy clothes, armed with a headlamp, some pizza boxes, and trash bags and headed for the hills.  Yes..I was actually encouraging this. It seemed harmless to me! They had great fun even if the hills weren't as wet and muddy as earlier that day.  They weren't as slippery but they still managed to get dirty.  Afterwards, they jumped in the spa to wash off. Skyler doesn't like any kind of cake, so we had a milkshake bar! He blew out his candles..which in our family, makes it an official birthday. Then all the boys were up till the wee hours playing Halo.  Skyler didn't want a birthday party, but this seemed like one to me.  I guess it's all in how it's packaged!
Happy 14th Birthday!!

No comments: