Saturday, June 22, 2013

173: parents 50th wedding anniversary party





50 years of marriage..that deserves a party! My sister and I put it together and it turned out to be a perfect night. Only 3 of the 5 children live on the continental U.S., and it was looking like only 2 of us, my sister and I, would be around. My sister was in charge of making all the food {her choice..I said we should have catered, seeing as she had a baby only 5 weeks ago} and I was in charge of invitations, decorations, and the video slideshow. I wasn't sure how I was going to decorate a space I wasn't really familiar with, so I packed my car with just about anything and everything I could {Pasadena is 1 1/2 hrs. away}. Laura was in the kitchen ALL DAY {but the food was to die for..especially her german chocolate cake}!! I was out back from about 1:00 till right before the party started at 6. It was a labor of love! It couldn't have been more perfect. 5 of their dear friends of over 50 years, drove in from Utah to share in the celebration..this was a surprise. I wouldn't have changed anything..except maybe having all the family there..but that just wasn't possible. Those that couldn't come shared video messages, that we watched on the outside screen. It was a quaint, and lovely night..a great success. Jim and I only have 34 more years till ours..let's hope our children marry well, because I can't see my boys pulling something like this together!

No comments: