Wednesday, September 4, 2013

247: flying home

Day 15:
A long day of flying

We got off the cruise ship around 6:30 a.m. and shuttled off to the Barcelona airport for our flight at 11:00. Of course, I was one of 6 to be randomly selected for extra security. It just so happened that 4 of the others were tall, blonde, American women. There was 1 Spainsh man. One of the other women to be detained was a Sister missionary on her way home to Utah. We sat and talked and I could feel the joy she had from serving the people of Spain. I could only imagine how excited her family was, waiting on the other side of the world for her to return. I got a little teary just thinking of it. The flight was long! We had to stop in NYC for customs, and then arrived home at LAX around 9:00p.m. Our trip was officially over!


 Always memorizing scriptures..why does it take me so long?
  

No comments: