Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 231


Went to "Back to School" night tonight or as my parents use to call it, "Meet the Creature" night.  We are so excited about the teachers both Skyler and Jayden got.  They seem like perfect matches.  One thing that did perplex Jim and I was Skyler's take on his HERO.  Most kids listed their mom or dad, or even their teacher as the person who inspires them.  No, not my son!  He lists a person he sees 1 time a year (sometimes 2 or 3), and whom he doesn't even know her name.  In fact, he doesn't regularly see the same one every time!  I think he needs to reevaluate. Not that Dr.'s aren't great, but come on!!  Who cooks for him..cleans for him..makes sure he gets to soccer, helps with homework, gives him hugs when he's sad, who plays games with him? It's not his Dr.
{Do I sound like a disgruntled mother?}  

1 comment:

Rheads said...

I SO FEEL YOUR PAIN! Where is the gratitude from this whole parenting thing? I am in SUCH need of some appreciation!