Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 237


If this doesn't get me into the GHETTO WHITE TRASH Hall of Fame, I don't know what will!
Here's a quick recap of events:
A few months back I somehow got into a conversation with an employee at Costco.  I joked about buying fitness equipment and how it rarely, if ever gets used.  I mentioned I bought a BOWFLEX machine for my husband {he just HAD to have it!} and shortly after he ruptured a couple discs, so the machine just sat collecting dust! The employee matter of factly said, "bring it back". I kinda laughed saying, "are you kidding me?" "NO!", she said. I said "I don't even have the receipt and it was awhile ago."  She said, "Doesn't matter..we can look it up on your card," "Really?", I thought. I kinda just laughed the idea off...UNTIL, last week when I was cleaning the garage and was thinking how nice it would be without that clunker around..so Tuesday morning I got a wild impulse and began taking it apart.  Had no idea what I was doing, just trying to get it into about 3 movable parts. I called my friend Julie whos daughter had a truck I could borrow {no a/c and it was at least 100 out}. She helped me lift it into the truck and I was on my way. I drove the whole way thinking, "I can't believe I'm doing this! How white trash do I look?" Got to Costco. Some workers helped me unload it onto a cart and rolled it to returns. I mentioned that I didn't want cash back, that I just wanted a COSTCO card {it was my way of justifying returning it seeing as I'd spend the money right back in their store!}. Minutes later, I was holding a Costco Cash card for $969!  What!  I didn't even realize I ever spent that much on that thing, apparently back in 2006! {I thought it was last year}.  Can I just say, I LOVE COSTCO! {sidenote: as I was leaving Costco, I called Jim to let him know what I had done! he forgave me when I told him how much we got back and that I had bought him a 2 year, 24 hour fitness membership instead!} It was my own version of CASH for CLUNKERS!

2 comments:

Doug and Kristen said...

that's freakin' awesome! (i cleaned up my ghetto wt language for you)

Theresa said...

Man, I didn't realize it was that big! You most definitely deserve the dough for that return! Can't believe Jim even posed the question on his FB.