Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 364


as part of our ROSE PARADE ritual, I got out to the street at 4:00 p.m. on the 30th. Legally, you are not suppose to be out till 12:00 p.m. on the 31st, but by then the good side is taken. It had been raining and was just letting up. I was able to park my car in the driveway (you see in the picture) till about 10:30 p.m., the rest of the time I had to pace the street and occasionally I would sit down (until the police told me to keep moving). There were a handful of other people so I wasn't completely alone, but boy did it get cold. When I went to my car to grab a blanket at 2:30 a.m., some lady tried to snake my spot. I politely informed her that was our spot and she said, "well, no one was standing there!" I thought to myself..she did not just say that to me? I informed her I was getting a blanket and my neighbors to my right told her the same thing. Fortunately she responded, "You're lucky I'm nice.." then she moved down to the next spot. AWKWARD! Jim arrived around 7:30ish and I quickly found myself a bathroom and some hot cocoa.

1 comment:

laura said...

Was that the Ohio state lady next to you? Awkward is right.