Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 365


Every New Year's Eve is spent in the same spot: Orange Grove Blvd. (in between Ellis and Maylin.) You really can't put a price on the entertainment that comes from watching the different walks of people. It's quite fascinating at times. For instance, we saw E.T. stuffed in the back of someone's car (2nd pic. on top row).
It's a pretty friendly atmosphere! This year we were entertained by a Jehovah revival and their singing: This is Jesus' party and he's inviting us all to come...Jesus is my friend...and so many other wonderfully repetitive songs. Friendly marshmallow wars were a plenty. It's really not that cold when you have your sleeping bags and outdoor heater. It's been a very fun tradition but it takes me a few days to recover.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I did that once when I was 12, and I was so tired by the time the parade started that I slept through 1/2 of it! :)