Tuesday, March 30, 2010

eighty-nine:365

Day 3
A few last things to see in Washington D.C. before we board our motor coach for NYC.
A quick stop at the White House..which was actually very anti-climatic for me. I don't really know what I was expecting, but this wasn't as grand as I hoped.
I was lucky to be on this trip with 2 of my close girl friends Chanin(above w/daughter Grace)and Julie! It made the trip even that much better!

This man has been camped out in front of the white house since 1981! What a waste of a life!

In honor of my father-in-laws military service in the marines:
the massive
Iwo Jima Monument

Skyler's 1st piece of New York Pizza!
Skyler ate pizza 14 times on this trip..he actually kept count!
This was the great group of kids on our trip a top the Alice in Wonderland statue in
Central Park.
CHINATOWN
Couldn't resist! Seriously, these frogs were trying their best to jump out of this trash can! They must have an inkling as to what their futures hold. Frog is almost cheaper than chicken!
Ground Zero! They have already started construction of the Freedom Tower. It's a sobering site..fitting that it was raining!




No comments: