Sunday, March 28, 2010

eighty-seven:365

Day 1
Our first day! We met up with our group Sunday morning at 9:30 and began our whirlwind trip! We saw so much in such a short time. We didn't check into our hotel until 9:45 p.m. that night! I was so glad we didn't take the red-eye flight with the group! Everyone was exhausted by days end!

Arlington National Cemetery
As I was just randomly taking pictures, in the far, far distance I saw a headstone with an image that I was intrigued by. It was further than my eyes could see, so I set my digital zoom to the furthest it could get and saw exactly what I thought it might be..the angel Moroni. I took out my phone and googled arlington cemetery religious symbols and there it was, the angel Moroni symbolized the mormon faith!


World War I Memorial..these etchings were made from actual pictures of those that fought!
The Thomas Jefferson Memorial
The Lincoln Memorial..the kids were actually so excited to see all these because they were in the movie: Night at the Museum 2.

We also saw the Korean War Memorial, FDR Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, World War II Memorial, the Washington Monument, and went through the Holocaust Museum.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Ahhh... I LOVE this stuff! Did you love Mt. Vernon?