Saturday, March 27, 2010

eighty-six:365

I took over 500 pictures of our trip back east!! It was nearly impossible to pick only 1 photo of the day, especially with all the amazing historical sites we saw, so I will probably have a few from each day to give you a little glimpse into our trip!!

Our first extra day!

We had a full day to spend in Baltimore before our group arrived (Sunday), so I rented a car and we were off! Didn't really have a plan, just a few ideas of things to see. We headed down to the Inner Harbor where I fell in love with all the architecture, spring blooms, and the history! We walked A LOT! Skyler was a trooper and didn't complain at all (until I found my way to a store with Christmas ornaments. I always make it a point to buy a new ornament whenever we are traveling to put on our traveling tree at). We later made it up to Fort McHenry. It was here, during the battle of Baltimore in the war of 1812, that Francis Scott Key penned the words to the Star-Spangled Banner. We watched a little film about it, then they opened the curtains to display the fort with it's flag flying high. How could I not have tears in my eyes!



No comments: