Wednesday, January 26, 2011

26: life's little milestones

Last night I asked Ryder to go grab a few books to read. He came down with the "Learn To Tie Your Shoe" book. I cringed..every time we read that book and start the process of learning to tie laces, Ryder ends up in utter frustration and the book gets launched across the room. I was patient, he was not! He was so close to getting it. This morning he woke up, got the book, and got into bed with me and was determined to tie the laces. I showed him a few more times and by george, he got it!  Those little chubby fingers actually tied his shoes. I felt a great sense of accomplishment at 7:00 a.m., as I had taught him this life skill. Grandma Watkins taught Skyler, Jim taught Jayden, it was finally my turn! Maybe I have gotten more patient in my old age...Nah!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Congrats! Zach won't even attempt it yet. Ugh!!!