Thursday, February 17, 2011

48: miracle worker

This $2.00 bottle is a MIRACLE WORKER!! Skyler's soccer jersey had somehow gotten infected by a bad case of mildew/mold. {Go figure..he always stuffs it in the bottom of his bag all sweaty and with spilt gatorade and there it sat for about 3 weeks until we discovered the disgusting mess.} I tried every stain removing technique I could find and not a single spot was removed. Then one day I was in walmart and saw this stuff that came in different levels. It said level 8 was for mold/mildew so I thought I'd give it a try, even though the shirt had been washed and dried so many times and I was sure the mold was set into the fabric. I soaked the jersey in the mixture overnight and what do you know...every dot of mold was gone. I wish I had a before of the shirt so you could be as amazed as I was. Carbona..you are my newest best friend in the laundry room.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I don't think I've ever seen mold/mildew stained clothing, but the thought of it made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Dyana365 said...

It actually just looks like someone took a sharpie marker and put little dots all over. It wasn't fuzzy or smelly or anything like that, just a stubborn stain!