Wednesday, March 2, 2011

61: rental fiasco

 Quick background..Someone hit Jim in my car last December. After dealing with their miserable insurance, we finally we able to get it fixed. I turned my car in 1 1/2 weeks ago and they gave me a Nissan Pathfinder as a rental. They told me it should only be a few days. It was the smallest dent on the bumper, you couldn't even see it unless I pointed it out. The week was coming to an end and I knew I had to go to Lancaster that weekend but my car wasn't finished. Great..I'll just put miles on the rental. Finally on Wednesday, I got a call that it was all done. I went to pick up my car and the battery was dead. They jumped it and got it started and I was on my way. I couldn't wait to start listening to the Satellite radio (the rental didn't have it and I forgot how terrible the regular radio is, spoiled, yes!). Turned it on and there was no sound. I quickly turned the car around. They told me they'd take a quick look. They couldn't figure it out and said they'd need it longer. So they had to put me into a new rental. Not any rental, but a pimp daddy caddy. I had to laugh at the whole situation. I felt like a grandpa cruising along in this. I had to put a bike in the backseat and transport the shave ice machine to church. Oh how I miss my big car!!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

This is too funny. Is there a hook built in the side to hold a colostomy bag?