Sunday, March 13, 2011

72: a sunday drive to the florida keys

 The first sunrise we've seen our whole trip! We got off our ship around 7:00 a.m., rented a car and decided to take a drive {about 150 miles} down the Florida Keys. Making the most of every minute of vacation!

Having never been to Florida before, I didn't really know what to expect. I thought you took a bridge-like highway the entire way to the end, but it's not so. You do stay on HWY 1 the entire time and several parts are over water, but you drive through various little island towns. It really quite quaint!
The islands are extremely colorful..take for instance these homes. There were also orange and green but they couldn't fit in the frame.

Naturally, I had to find the final resting place of Flipper! The dolphin who played Flipper was actually a girl dolphin named Mitzi. Flipper is a big part of my childhood! For many years I thought I was going to live the life of Ranger Rick, Sandy, and Bud.  


It depends which way you go. This was actually our ending! 
 We have now been to both of the southernmost points of the U.S.A. {the other being in Hawaii} I love that Key West is considered the Home of the Sunset..I do love a great sunset!

Randomness that I love!

What a way to end a perfectly incredible vacation!

No comments: