Friday, August 26, 2011

238: the right fit


I had to take Jim to work today..long story having to do with his bosses son..so I decided, while I'm down in San Diego, I would head over to Road Runners Sports. I needed a new pair of running shoes and I wanted to find a pair that was perfect for my feet. It was my first time to this place and for the relative non-runner that I am, it kinda made me excited to run. They measured my foot and then inputed measurements into a fancy computer. Then they video taped my feet as I was running on the treadmill to see how they landed and such. The computer then spit out this custom bio-sheet on my tootsies. It showed that I had high arches {of which I was well aware of}, but it also showed that my right foot pronated more than my left. Ideally, I should have 2 different shoes, but that's not going to happen. The printout then went to a sales associate who brought me out several pairs of shoes that would go with my foot type. I got to try them all on and run around the store and on the treadmill to see how I liked them. I was in this store for 3 hours! Funny thing..I left with 2 pairs of Asics..the shoes I normally buy {but a different fit and style}. I don't really enjoy running, but this store made me want to be a runner! Surprisingly, the shoes didn't cost a fortune either!

No comments: