Tuesday, August 30, 2011

242: jim works..i play!


This is me..taking on San Francisco! I'm not a big shopper and couldn't bare to spend my free time in stores, but I do love exploring! I love to put on my walking shoes and just get lost in a big city! I find the neatest things just walking along the streets.
1)The neat houses that make up the cities..some, nicer than others. Some with small, but nice yards.
2) Lombard Street..the 2nd most crookedest street in San Fran.
3) The xshot made many appearances in the city..if you look closely, there is a man taking a picture of me, taking a picture of myself on the trolley car.
4) Loved how colorful the houses were..this was near Haight and Asbury a very Hippie and colorful part of the city.
5) Fisherman's wharf and Hyde Pier
6) A trip wouldn't be complete without a pressed penny!

The Japanese Gardens in Golden Gate Park

 The Painted Ladies..famously known in our house as "The Full House" houses. Ryder still believes that the Tanner family still live there.
 I passed this store early in the morning, outside JapanTown and knew I had to come back when it opened! It's one of those prime examples of passing up great things when you're in a car. My favorite part of the store were the vintage letters. I bought a couple G's to add to my collection, but sadly, they didn't have any huge ones. Apparently G is a popular letter! 
Jim called me around 5 to tell me he was finished. Problem was, I was all the way in Golden Gate Park. No worries..I would just hop on a bus and find my way back to Union Square. That was an experience in and of itself. The BUS, during rush hour, in a big city..made for great people watching!
 After a nice dinner at a Thai/Asian Fusion restaurant, we took the Trolley down to Ghirardelli's for a sweet treat! 
{It was an overcast day and I didn't wear much sunscreen..hence, my red face!}

1 comment:

Shan and Cam said...

What's the name of that store? I have to go there!!

Will you email me if you remember? scrosenhan@gmail.com