Tuesday, April 16, 2013

106: uninvited shower guest

So I get a call from my mom around 9:00 a.m. asking me if I'm going to my sisters shower tonight. Ummm..what shower? She was sure I had to have gotten an evite. Nope! Nothing. Apparently, my sister didn't want me to feel burdened to drive all the way to Pasadena so she didn't give my name to the hostess. Of course, mom poured on the guilt to both of us..something like, "she's the only sister you've got..." Of course I would go, it just took some creative shuffling of activities and carpools. Watching her open all the baby girl stuff kinda made me a little jealous..just a little, then I realized, it was her that would be getting up with that baby every couple hours in the night and all those cute clothes wouldn't look so cute at 2 a.m. Then I thought, it will be just as wonderful to be the doting aunt!

No comments: