Saturday, April 20, 2013

110: and the race continues....

It's always fun when Grandma & Grandpa come!  You can always count on Grandpa to come up with an adventure and he didn't disappoint! They took a trip up to the Palomar Mountain Observatory. 
 We had 2 teams, with 24 runners! We are a little short in the picture because a majority of our men runners left early to go to the Priesthood leadership meeting for stake conference.  In fact, one of them was a speaker! It was sad not to have everyone cross the finish line together, but I'm proud of them for fulfilling their priesthood duties..those are true SUPERHEROES!
 My final leg..only 5 miles but there were some nasty hills!
 Jenniffer saved the day.  One of the runners in the other vans had to back out the night before due to an injury!  Who do you call that could possibly do something like this with no notice and with no real training?  Jenniffer, that's who! Supergirl indeed.
 POW! 3 legs complete! My 5th ragnar is done!
At the finish line, ASICS had a promotional truck giving out free shoes in exchange for the donation of your old ones! No brainer there! Fortunately, I had brought an extra pair of my old shoes just in case! I would say we look pretty unified and pretty awesome! I'm an asics girl!

No comments: