Wednesday, September 15, 2010

two hundred fifty-eight: 365

A friend just emailed me this candid shot of my performance!

For our joint YM/YW activity, we had a scavenger hunt at the mall. There were 4 different ward members located somewhere in the mall. I decided to dress up like an OLD person, complete with wig, glasses, wheelchair, walker, and a blouse and sweater I picked up at Goodwill, that sadly, looked like I stole them out of my own mother's closest (sorry mom..you can have the sweater now that I'm done). I wheeled myself up to an atm machine and stuck my head as close to the screen as I could get. Some teams ran right past me, than backtracked when they noticed my hair looked a little like a wig. I got MANY strange stares from people in the mall and some even came up to me and asked what was going on. One person even thought I might be on the t.v. show, "What would you do?" It was an exciting activity! What I took from it though, was that the world is not made for people in wheelchairs..it was a lot of work wheeling myself throughout the mall.

No comments: