Tuesday, November 15, 2011

319: RIP lightbulbs

I seem to be the last to know about everything! I just learned that starting this Jan. 2011 kids have to be in boosters seats who are not 8 years old and 80 pounds! Shoot, that's some middle schoolers I know! Then, last night, while at Home Depot looking for a particular lightbulb, I learned that lightbulbs are going extinct. At least the old school ones. The factories have already been closed and starting Jan. 1 2012 you will not be able to get regular bulbs..everything will be these terribly expensive, low wattage crap! I totally can understand why Gov. Perry wants to get rid of the Dept. of Energy, even if he can't remember it! 
I guess I will become a lightbulb horder..I can't stand the energy efficient, ugly swirly bulbs! They not only give off an awful looking light, they just are not very aesthetic to look at!!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Whaaaaaat??? I guess you're NOT the last one to find out about things (although I knew about the 8/80 booster seat thing a long time ago). I'm going to give you a run for your money on hoarding the REAL lightbulbs!!!