Tuesday, July 10, 2012

191: it's official..i'm my mom!



When we got home from vacation, I noticed a bunch of cucumbers had grown in our garden! Knowing my kids don't like plain cucumbers, the only other thing I could think of doing with them was making pickles. This was so out of my realm! I had never canned anything in my life. I vaguely remember my mom busting out the big black pot and heating up the entire kitchen, but I was too busy being a kid to ever watch the process. I decided this was my year.  I borrowed all the essentials from my friend, downloaded some recipes online, and then got to work.  I was so surprised how simple and quick it really was! I want to let them soak for a couple weeks before I try them, but really..how can you mess it up? It's basically cucumbers marinating in vinegar and that's just plain delicious!

No comments: