Saturday, September 1, 2012

244: nostalgia

Memories of our Catalina Home!
Every time we go over to Catalina, I tell myself I'm going to take a picture of "things". I never do..until today! Yes, many of these thing are atrocious and tacky, but they all tell a story.  How many times have we been laying on the couch and wondered, "how many holes are in the ceiling tiles? or "why are the ceiling tiles splattered with gold paint?" Or looked into the bathroom cupboard, with it's funky wallpaper {which is actually kinda coming back in style and, in a way, I like} and wondered, "why is there a bottle of whisky that has a date back near prohibition?" Or, how disgusting can the abalone shell get yet we'll still use the soap that's wading in it's pool of water? Nothing has really been touched in Catalina for YEARS! Things have just been added..things from my now deceased uncle.  Things, that despite how much we detest them, we'd kinda miss if we didn't see them there each time we visited!

No comments: