Wednesday, September 12, 2012

255: disgusting day in court

 Just one of many interesting individuals I saw in court today. Literally..she didn't have any pants on! Just an oversized shirt, a g-string, and her bedroom slippers. She was making a payment on her bail. 
Spent my day in one of the darkest places around..COURT! First, I had to file our unlawful detainer..to start the lengthy process of eviction. I had to pay $270 to file..which is another joke! As part of the process, both plaintiff's needed to be served. I ran over to the jail and had the sheriff serve the husband, then I sat in the courthouse and waited for our renters arraignment. I wanted her to see me and see that I'm not going to be one of her many victims. I asked the bailiff if he could serve her the papers and he was happy to oblige. I got to personally watch that one. Then I sat to make sure that she was staying in jail. It was another 2 1/2 hours and hers was the final case heard. I don't know how anyone could choose to be a public defender. How do you defend people who clearly, according to their record and past history, are criminals! I sat and tried to understand all that was going on..it was a lot of legal mumble jumble. The only thing I heard was that she was being released on probation and work release. WHAT??? You mean you can have 3 DUI's {of which she skipped out on bail}, 1 hit and run, assault of a police officer, lewd act in front of a child, identity theft, domestic violence, and walk out of jail? I pulled the prosecutor aside and asked him how that could be. He told me because all her counts are only misdemeanors and our jails are too full. So apparently, she one of the better criminals because she can be let out. Give me a break! The most disgusting and disturbing realization from this day, she has every legal right to go right back to our home! What is wrong with our laws that people like this have so many rights?

No comments: