Sunday, February 3, 2013

34: it started off with a chaotic morning...

Note to self: always check your children's shoes before running out the door for church.  
It was a very rushed and chaotic morning.  We were racing to get to church by 9:00 a.m. I'm pretty spoiled on Sundays!  Jim usually has all the boys' clothes ironed and laid out for me before he goes to his early meetings.  This morning he must have been running late himself because the clothes weren't laid out. As I sat down in church, I looked down at Jayden's feet and gasped. 2 different shoes and one without laces.  He also had 2 different socks on.  How ghetto are we? At least we made it to church. 
Sadder note..when we got home from church, Buddy just didn't seem right.  He wanted nothing to do with his food..which is completely out of the norm.  Then, he started vomiting.  I thought maybe he had a stomachache and just watched him.  He continued vomiting throughout the afternoon. Jim knew something was wrong so we took him to the pet hospital.  He was so lethargic and looked depressed. They ran a test and we got the worst news ever: PARVOVIRUS.  This is a death sentence for puppies. Skyler and I immediately started bawling. I knew what this meant and the future wasn't looking so bright.  I was perplexed..where in the world could he have gotten it?  The only time he has ever been out of the house is to go to the vet and I'm sure he couldn't have caught it and it manifest itself in just a couple days.  I was a wreck.  The vet said his best chance of survival is to be hospitalized. They showed me an estimate with the low end and high end of treatment. I called Jim and he said to do whatever we had to to give Buddy a fighting chance.  It was heartbreaking not coming home with Buddy.  Our house seemed so quite and empty.  We were all so sad! In just a short month and a half, we had gotten so attached! We knew he was in good hands, but it was still difficult.  

And by the way...Happy Birthday Mom!


No comments: