Saturday, June 4, 2011

155: mud run 2011

 Jim and I were asked if we wanted to do the MUD RUN! Coming off our runners high of the Ragnar, we excitedly said YES! That was a month or so ago. As the run got closer, I got more and more panicked. I hadn't run 6 miles since the Ragnar and had no idea what to expect. Jim assured me I would be fine so I took him at his word. Not only did I wake up at the crack of dawn for this, we also paid $60 a person. Ready or not, here we come!
 We arrived at Camp Pendleton around 8:00 and the crowds of people helped energize me. I think seeing the various state of runners helped assure me that I'd do just fine {especially seeing TEAM TUBBIES..they named themselves and weren't exaggerating}. Many teams had team shirts or costumes..we did not! I had my $3 walmart tank and my $2 goodwill shorts.  The course was 6 miles and consisted of running through sand, up BIG hills, crossing flowing rivers, getting sprayed by high powered fire hoses, and several obstacles..like climbing a wall and jumping in pits of mud, crawling through tunnels, and maneuvering yourself under wire in mud pits. We even had to swim across a lake. There was no way you were walking away without some form of mud on yourself. I actually had a great time! 
 I contributed to this pile!
And here is the communal showering areas with water as cold as ice and individuals with less than modest tendencies. 

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Sorry I missed it, but the doctor said no. Looks like you guys had a great time.