Sunday, June 12, 2011

163: a mighty change of heart

Believe it or not, this was the first time I've ever made sugar cookies. It just went with my young women's lesson so perfectly. I also found a great idea online. I made little pictures of Jesus, laminated them then put them in a heart shaped ice cube tray. I had the girls hold onto the ice cubes until they melted and found Christ. The analogy is: without a change of heart, ones heart is cold and hard. Once you begin to humble yourself and submit to the  Lords will, your heart is softened as it changes and you find the Lords image in your countenance. It might be difficult, hard, or even painful {as was holding the ice for a long time} but change is not always easy and not always quick, but definitely worth it. 

1 comment:

Theresa said...

The cookies look like they came out great! How'd they taste? I'm sure the girls loved them regardless.