Tuesday, June 28, 2011

179: last night

A beautiful ending to a wonderful, but way too fast trip!
Jim & Thomas playing around!
Things were going too smoothly so I thought I throw a wrench into our glorious vacation. While participating in our morning fitness class, I somehow busted my shoulder. I was doing the bear crawl and was about to fall on my face, but not wanting to look like I fell, I turned it into a karate forward roll..like the ninja I am. All was well until I heard a pop and felt excruciating pain. I tried to just shake it off and smile through the pain, but it was killing. In comes our Kauai connection. Jim's best friend Thomas {the one we had just visited} is an E.R. doctor on the island. He was more than happy to make a CABANA CALL. So after his shift, he came to our cabana {where I was resting and trying my best not to move} and surveyed the damage. He used big words {acromioclavicular joint seperation} of which I knew not, but it came down to the fact that I had screwed up my shoulder and the only remedy is pain meds, rest, and time. Unfortunately, it was my right shoulder and I'm right handed so it posed a bit of a problem. What a way to end the trip. The reality that I'm no spring chicken anymore is looming in more and more clearly everyday!!
We treated the Dr. to lunch and he and Jim took residency at the waterslide, of which I did not partake!

No comments: