Monday, June 6, 2011

157: a day to explore

I'm beginning to feel like a cruise director now that schools done. Every morning I get the question, "Mom, what are we doing today?" Todays answer was..a La Jolla adventure. Skyler boycotted, so he stayed with a friend. It's getting more and more difficult to find activities everyone can enjoy!!
I had heard of this shell store with the only land access to a sea cave so I thought we'd check it out. It was actually pretty cool. We went into the shop and there was a special door. Pay the $3 and you walked down 150 stairs to the bottom of the cave. The only other way to view this cave is from a kayak. The boys loved it..even though it smelt like pigeon poop!
After playing at the beach for a little while, we made our way over to Old Town San Diego and visited the Mormon Battalion. I hadn't been since I was 14 and it has recently been completely renovated. It was pretty amazing. The boys did well and loved panning for gold. Afterwards we ate a not so wonderful Mexican dinner..Jim was nauseous all night! I'm glad I stuck to a house salad.


No comments: