Saturday, March 3, 2012

62: sunny beach, freezing water





 Another beautiful day on the island. Sunny and in the low 80's. The sun was out in full force, but the water was so cold it hurt my stomach to put my toes in it. That didn't stop the boys. Only Bryce had a wetsuit, but he assured us it was still freezing. They wanted to go snorkeling and they did. They sounded like little school girls through their snorkels every time they saw a fish. It was comical. Besides the glass bottom boats, they had lover's cove to themselves.
Another thing we love to do while lazily sitting, doing very little, is to eat {ice cream, in particular} but this time french fries for Jayden and popcorn for me. The mangy and very brazen  seagulls got into my beach bag and stole my bag of popcorn. It took the bird forever to figure out how to get it out. For me, it was entertainment..next to the new book I started.

No comments: