Saturday, March 24, 2012

83: boy scouts & blisters

A young man in our ward was holding a fundraiser to earn money for his Eagle Scout project. He enlisted a bunch of youth to go and do yard work.  We put them to work tearing out the ugly ground cover in front of our house! Don't know what we're going to replace it with, but at least the resort for all things spiders is gone!
Believe it or not, I, Dyana, got up at went running at 6:30 a.m. I was with about 7 other friends. Ragnar training has been in full force and we were going to do 6 1/2 miles today. We hit a dirt trail and I felt a rock get in my shoe.  I couldn't be bothered with a pebble so I ignored it..until I couldn't ignore it any longer {about 1.5 miles) I pulled over, got the rock out, but the damage was already done. It was seriously uncomfortable running the remaining 3 miles on this blister, but I did it! Moral of the story..don't let rocks fester..get them out immediately..a little like a sin analogy!!

No comments: