Saturday, March 17, 2012

76: flying in the air with the greatest of ease...kinda!

So before I left for Trapeze school, I made my family rainbow waffles for St. Patrick's Day!
{me..amberly with baby analea..kristen..jen..sue..chelsea..trainer who was just incredible..this little waif of a girl catches grown men in the air}

I got a last minute invitation to go to trapeze school today! Yes..this has been a secret dream of mine but I never believed they had such a thing for just regular, non-circus people! Oh...but they do, and it was incredible! Sadly, I don't have very many still shots, mostly video.
It was absolutely a rush to swing in the air, hang upside down, and do backflips.  I was a little disappointed with myself because I did not master the catch and release {swinging with your knees on the bar and someone on the other side telling you to release and catching you..it all came down to timing and following directions..2 things I'm apparently not that great at!} I so plan on going back! Not going to lie though..my "trapezius" muscles are a little sore today, but not nearly as bad as I thought they would be.
 
A little video clip of one of my freshly learned tricks!


1 comment:

marie said...

That looks like soooooo much fun. Next time, please invite me :)