Sunday, May 20, 2012

140: total eclipse of the heart




Big night at the Geddies! Jim is into everything science. He couldn't wait for the solar eclipse.  He even created an eclipse scope to see the different stages of the eclipse. Not sure if tanning glasses protected our eyes properly, but they worked. After it was all done, I looked over to Jayden and he was crying. "What happened this time", I thought. With Jayden, anything is possible. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I'm not going to be able to see another solar eclipse for 59 years..and dad probably will never see one again cuz he'll be dead." My Jayden is very sentimental..it goes along with his hoarding and his very sensitive nature.  He is a sweet boy..Jim tried to explain to him not to be sad, that there were many cooler things to look forward to in life!

No comments: