Tuesday, January 17, 2012

17: back in the saddle again

Ready or not {I'm leaning towards NOT}, here I go! It's time to start training again for the Ragnar. I've taken a few months off running and now I have to start completely over! Why do I do this to myself. It's hard! I did a 5 1/2 mile run with Jim on Saturday and my legs killed for 2 days afterwards..probably not wise to start off from where I left off! Today, I took a more realistic run. I am loving the free app:  Endomondo.  It does everything. It tells you your distance, time, calories burned, and also has a GPS..it even comes on and tells you every time you've hit a mile and the time it took you to run that mile. It's just a little too honest! I swear I thought I was running faster than this! It does get me excited to run, in the hopes that I beat my previous time. It's great for my competitive nature.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I tried my Endomondo app the other night, and it did not work. I don't know what I did wrong. It's kind of a good thing, though... We went slower than I'd want to know...