Saturday, January 21, 2012

21: what an inspiration!

Here is my good friend Jennifer..she is awesome! She has been training so hard to run this 1/2 marathon. It was in Temecula, through the wineries. When we {Chantal, Jenniffer, and myself} heard that her family couldn't make it to cheer her on, we knew we had to be there! If she can run in this freezing rain, we could pull ourselves out of our warm beds and wait for her to finish! She had no idea we were coming. When we saw her turn the corner, we rolled out a banner for her to run through. She didn't even recognize us at first. She was so grateful that we were there for her! It's amazing to see friends accomplish things off their bucket lists'. It kinda makes me sick though how great she looked after running 13.1 miles..accomplishment is a good look for her!
Interesting fact: looking at her workout app, she burned over 1400 calories during this run! I'm sure I picked them up for her in the donuts I ate this a.m. 

No comments: