Thursday, January 26, 2012

26: here we go again..pinewood derby!


January for cub scouts = Pinewood Derby! I can honestly say that I have not a single ounce of influence over this activity.  It is all Jim, and he takes it quite serious. I will not divulge his secrets {I really don't understand them anyways}, but his background with physics doesn't hurt! We did, as we do every year..gave Jayden the pep talk that, "we can't always win" and "we need to have good sportsmanship if we don't win" and "if you don't win, at least you'll know one of your friends did and you should be happy for your friends."  I think it's the proper parental thing to do..but every year, Jim Jayden ends up winning every race.  It's a little embarrassing..especially when you have some little boys' cars that don't even cross the finish line. Each time Jayden's car comes in first, I see a little twinkle in Jim's eye and envy in the other dad's eyes. Jim's got a bit of a reputation now for his unbeatable cars.  First Skyler, now Jayden!  What's going to happen next year when Ryder is a cub scout and he will be in direct competition with his brother? How is Jim going to work that out? So glad it's not my problem to deal with!
Congratulations Jayden for your 1st place win..2 years running!
{if ever there was a kid who needed this confidence pick me up, it's our Jayden!..our middle child, who is constantly outdone by his big brother!}

No comments: