Saturday, October 13, 2012

286: scrapbook weekend

It's been a long time since I have gone away on a scrapbooking weekend. I almost didn't know what to do! One might say, my scrapbooking muscles had atrophied! But I knew, with some time, it would all come back!
 Some friends from church invited me back in January and even though I don't really scrapbook anymore, I said, what the heck! I knew a weekend away, with no running involved, would be glorious! We rented a very large home in La Cresta..which is only about 30 minutes from Temecula. It was so spacious! Each of us had our own, 6 foot table with great lighting. Jim laughed at me and said I always say I'm going to get more done than I actually do, so this time, I armed myself with my weekend goal poster! I wrote down everything I wanted to accomplish and visualized crossing each one off! Some may laugh..but I think it worked! It kept me on track and by Sunday, when our trip was over, I had done everything I had set out to do!! Teachers Christmas gifts..CHECK! Other Christmas gifts..CHECK! Update my blog..CHECK! Clean up all the files on my computer and organize my computer..CHECK! Prepare lessons for seminary..CHECK! It was a weekend well spent..in my jammies!

No comments: