Monday, October 22, 2012

295: finally..our 72 hour kits are done!

We have been counseled by church leaders to have a 72 hour, emergency kit for every member of our family! I've known this for years. I have wanted to put one together, for years! I even got as far as buying 5 matching backpacks {which were stored in the closet I just cleaned out}. I just never finished the job..until today! I feel so accomplished and obedient..finally!
As we were putting them together for family night, the boys made comments about how they were totally looking forward to an emergency so they can use them. Hmmmmm..I don't know if I'm that anxious, but I do know we will be prepared! Jim just laughed at me because he doesn't think anyone will have near the supply of candy that we have!! They always tell us, "store and pack what you eat!" If I'm in an emergency, I'm surely going to want some comfort food!

No comments: