Tuesday, October 16, 2012

289: last minute plan to see the material girl




My friend Jenniffers' mom had bought some Madonna tickets {in Phoenix, AZ.} earlier this year and asked if we wanted to go. We said sure! Fast forward a couple months ago..Jenn decided it probably wasn't worth the money to drive all that way, stay in a hotel, and then drive right back, so she put the tickets up for sale. Fast forward to now..the tickets hadn't sold, but her mom said that she would just eat the cost. Then, on Monday night, as I was driving Skyler home from soccer, a Madonna song came on the radio. Then jokingly, I texted Jenn.."it's not too late!" To which, she replied, "should we?" That's a very loaded question to ask someone as spontaneous as myself! Umm...Yes..lets do it! Let's be totally irresponsible and go! Heaven knows how much longer she'll be around {at least performing}. So at around 8:30 Monday night, I booked a room and we made plans to drive the 380 miles to Phoenix right after elementary school dropoff! 
I felt like a teenageer..it was so exciting! I really didn't know any of her new or even newer old stuff! I'm more a classic Madonna girl! The concert did not disappoint. It was definitely not for the faint of heart. The first set was terribly dark and morbid, but then she transitioned to the next set wearing a cheerleading outfit! I think that's exactly what Madonna is known for..her extremes! Looking around the crowd, I felt as if I was in Sodom and Gomorra. It was a very interesting crowd which led to amazing people watching.  Besides her being 2 hours late to perform, it was a once in a lifetime experience! She was pretty amazing, especially for being 53 years old! She didn't miss a beat and danced for over 2 hours. Her body was rock hard and I felt a little guilty as I was huffing and puffing just to climb the stairs to our seats. Now, when kids read in history books about Madonna, I can say I've seen her live in concert!
{I've got a great zoom on my camera}

No comments: