Wednesday, January 16, 2013

16: bike rodeo


The day I've kinda been dreading for awhile..the cubscout bike rodeo!  I've been using this as leverage to try and get Ryder to learn how to ride a bike. I've told him it was coming and that he didn't want to be the only cubscout that didn't know how to ride a bike. This threatening tactic didn't work. Then I offered Skyler $20 to teach Ryder how to ride and $20 to Ryder to learn how to ride. He got on and took off in 5 minutes. Money is the key to getting this kid to do anything. I wish it wasn't so, but sadly, it is. Fast forward a few weeks to today! I took Ryder's bike in to have the chain fixed and tuned up. We were ready to go! Nope! Ryder sat in the car, pouting that he wasn't good enough. He refused to get out because all the other boys rode so much better.  I coerced him out. I think all he needed was to know that I was there..he got on his bike with great resolve and took off! He was riding and I wasn't even holding him.  There is something to be said about positive PEER pressure! This smile says it all!

No comments: