Thursday, January 17, 2013

17: growing pains

About 2 minutes before Skyler's ride to school came, he throws down this and says I need to sign it! WHAT? It was dated a week ago. He kept it from me so he wouldn't be grounded over the weekend! Foolish boy..did you think you'd get away with it? Think again! Not only are you grounded this weekend, with a holiday on Monday, but you're grounded the following weekend too! Apparently, the teacher didn't remember right away to get it back so he thought he was off the hook.  Then, once she remembered and started taking his lunch time away, which he loves more than anything, he decided to get it signed.
My response...time to make a visit to Vail Ranch Middle School. I love social studies. This should be fun! I didn't give the teacher any warning but just made a surprise visit. She couldn't have been more pleased..and Skyler couldn't have been more attentive. I explained to the teacher that unfortunately, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and that I was quite a talker myself.  She understood and said she was too. She told me that Skyler is a great kid and is not disrespectful, but just can't keep quite or stay in his seat. I let her know that I'm more than willing to drop by anytime and she should just let me know when he starts getting off track! Did I forget to say..it's so much fun being a mom sometimes!!

1 comment:

marie said...

Dyana you're awesome! I love all the puppy pics, he is beyond precious.