Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1: Happy 2013

Here I am again..another year, another picture of the day! I was contemplating not doing it this year. I was trying to think of a new way to document our life but couldn't come up with anything that was as simple and doable. Plus, the 2 people that actually look at this blog, pleaded for me not to stop. So..here we go! Here are some snapshots of our, crazy, chaotic, adventurous, but real life, one day at a time. 
Happy 2013!

This is how the Geddies' bring in the new year, every year! It was especially great this time because my parents were, once again, able to join us! We also had the Warrens, the Rheads, and my sisters masses. For Christmas, I had purchased Jim an inflatable couch that pulled out into a bed..it was quite the hit with all the crowds.  We were happy that Stephen was visiting from Hawaii, so we had at least one of the Watkins representing. Even if he did fall asleep mid-parade. Jesus made an appearance, as did crazy, almost naked man. The Stanford band played their stop signs and bathroom sinks. We saw our fair share of "male" flag twirlers and one of the youngest drum majors I've ever seen.  I was a little disappointed with the protestors, or lack of! The stealth fly by surprised us all by coming near the end of the parade rather than the beginning, but it was grand and spectacular all the same. Tella, you were sorely missed and we pray that you are getting stronger everyday!! 
2013 is off to a great start! Even if my blog is 20 days behind..

No comments: