Thursday, January 24, 2013

24: here we go again...

I kinda dread the Pinewood Derby!  Don't get me wrong, it's exciting and the boys love it, but it has just gotten out of control!  Jim takes it very seriously..it's a dad thing. This year would prove to be a challenge seeing as both Jayden and Ryder would be competing.  I was relieved when they mixed things up and decided to have winners from each den. However, each of those winners would then have a race off for the overall champion.  My worst fear was realized..both Jayden and Ryder won 1st place in their dens and would be racing against each other in the final championship races.  When all was said and done, Ryder took the title of GRAND CHAMPION..Jayden came in 2nd. This is great and all..but it's getting old. Skyler won all 3 years. Jayden has now won all 3 years and now we're starting Ryder off with a win. How are they to learn humility and good sportsmanship if they keep winning all the time.  The Geddies' definitely have a bullseye on them every year.  I don't know what Jim does to make them so fast, but I'm trying to talk him into dumbing next years car down! Will he? I doubt it, but it's worth suggesting.
1st place Wolves=Ryder
1st place Webelos=Jayden
GRAND CHAMPION=Ryder

No comments: