Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 281


BE STILL MY BEATING HEART! Literally, I wish it would just slow down a little, maybe just a beat or two. Apparently I have an irregular heartbeat and have had to go in for a series of tests. This echocardiogram only showed them that I need more tests. It's a little sad when your 36 and the average age of the waiting room is like 80! I will have to say though, it was pretty cool seeing my heart beating on screen. {4 days later and my hand is still bruised from the i.v. they inserted to inject die up my veins}. And if this wasn't enough, I had another ultrasound that morning that showed me, for the first time, all the cysts that are taking residency upon my kidneys! I've known that I had polycystic kidney disease for the past 7 1/2 years, but this made it seem so much more real! Seriously...I should have spread out the tests. It was way too much to take in, in one morning!

No comments: