Friday, September 16, 2011

259: angry birds take over san francisco

 The first major exchange! This is our team minus Julie who is just about to come in and send me on my way! 
When we came up with our name we never really thought much about it. Angry Birds was a favorite game among the group and it seemed like a fun name. No one could have prepared us for what was to come! We were seriously Ragnar CELEBRITY! I can't even tell you how many people asked to take our picture. Everyone loved it! We didn't think there was anything terribly creative about it, but I think we ate it up, nonetheless! My contribution to the group was a giant water ballon/grenade launcher which we used to launch each runner as they left the exchange..it was a hit {thank you very much to my skeptical husband who was so embarrassed by the ordeal}!!
Thanks to Jim..aka the navigator, and his trusty ipad, we were usually on course! Mind you, we were in the mountains and hills and the ipad is only as good as the reception!
Half the fun of the Ragnar is seeing what people come up with for Van decorations and costumes. We followed the 2 Dudes and 20 Boobs nearly the entire race{but I beg to differ wether they were all boobs..if you know what I mean}
One of the very few downhill sections of Jim's 1st leg..the leg he thought was only 8.3 miles but somehow it was a misprint and was actually 10.1!! Good thing we didn't tell him till he finished!
Sweet Heaven! 
As we were driving, we took a wrong turn. A wrong turn that turned out to be wonderful because it led us straight to this cupcake shop! A blessed treat after we finished our 1st legs!
Time for a very short rest before my 10:30 p.m., 7.6 miler! There was really no rest..just nervous energy wondering how in the heck I was going to do this! I was thankful however, because this was suppose to be 9.2 mile and got changed last minute! My prayers were answered!!
 All suited up in my safety wear, ready to take off on a very dark, long run! The air was cooling down and I was ready! Took 3 shot blocks and got my music nice and loud! 
Believe it or not, this 7.6 miles went fast and I even felt like I could go on more! This must be the runners high everyone talks about! I credit the shot blocks!!

No comments: