Saturday, September 24, 2011

267: another CHAOTIC day!

Claire & Stephen Craig
Newport Temple
 Nickie {it's her birthday!}
 Carol Bollinger, me, Kristen Moon Swanson, and Becca
 Kristen
 Stephen Cisneros
 Suzanne William, me and Bec

Me, Wendy Gilfillian, and Bec
Another chaotic day in the life of Dyana! First off, we had Ryder's soccer game {and of course today of all days, I was snack mom}. Then it was Jayden's game..which he almost made it but had to turn around because he was having bowel issues. Then we had to drop Sky off at football {again, I was snack mom for his game}. In between games, I ran into Steinmart, which I never go in, to see if I could find a dress to wear to the big wedding we had tonight! Luck was on my side. I found a dress in seriously 5 minutes, bought it, came home, showered, Jenn helped me with my make-up, and then Jim and I raced down to the Pelican Hill Resort in Newport for Claire and Stephen's {Marie Osmonds son} wedding reception. It was beyond gorgeous! The fanciest wedding I've ever been to! Tonight was also my 20th High School Reunion. I had no intentions on going! I didn't even think about going because I knew we had this wedding reception to go to. Throughout the day all my friends were texting me to come! I was beginning to get a little nostalgic and a little sad that I wouldn't see old friends. We got to the reception at 5. I had the most tender Filet Mignon with porcini mushroom sauce with garlic & rosemary mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach, but by 9:30 the dessert course still hadn't come. I looked at Jim and said let's do it! So off we went...to CRASH my 20th reunion at the Disneyland Hotel! I am so glad I did!! By the time we got there, everyone, but the 2 other Mormons: Stephen & Becca, were completely inebriated!! No one would have known I was crashing. We had planned on staying about 1/2 hour, next thing I know it's 12:30! We didn't get home till 2:00 a.m. but it was a great night and I'm so glad we were able to manage both events!
Look at us..the party animals!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Looks like you had fun! Stein Mart? Really? I've been in there exactly ONE time. I never consider it as an option. Perhaps I should give it another go!