Wednesday, September 21, 2011

264: raingutter regatta champion

LOSER PARENT OF THE YEAR ALERT!!
This was the most chaotic week! We just got back from San Francisco, Jim had to leave to go to Las Vegas for a conference for work, it was Ryder's birthday and birthday party, and the raingutter regatta for cub scouts. Something had to give! I decided it was going to be the regatta, until Jayden found the box with the piece of wood and said, "Mom, we've got to make a boat for the race..I really want to win!" I knew nothing about a raingutter regatta, so late Wednesday afternoon I googled! I came across a lot of helpful information but the most important thing I read was not to use the boat given, but rather to make it into a catamaran style boat! Great! How do you do that? I researched further and came across some blueprints. So off to the garage I went with copping saw in hand to carve out a pontoon like boat! We sanded the pieces and Jayden sprayed painted. Jim later glued it together. 
I felt terrible but the day of the race was Ryder's birthday and I was taking him to San Diego to see the Blue Man Group. Skyler had football practice, so I had to call a babysitter to take Jayden to cub scouts and cheer him on at his event! Nice..a paid cheering section!
I called home afterwards and Jayden words were, "I totally dominated mom!" Apparently he won ever race with a single blow!
VICTORY!! I wasn't there to taste it, but it still felt sweet! If any kid needs to dominate, it's Jayden!! He could use the confidence boost! So glad that the babysitter caught his winning races on the flip cam!


No comments: